Saturday, January 28, 2012

BACK TO THE GRIND :-(

Well, here we are, more than three months since my last post, and I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed in myself.  When I started this blog, I did it with intention that I would update it at least a few times a month so that I could chronicle each and every moment of our journey through parenthood.  And while I did a decent job keeping up to date through pregnancy, it became harder and harder to find time to update the blog once our little guy was here.  Add a career that requires more than just the typical 8-5 commitment, and it becomes nearly impossible to find time to do anything more than just keep your head above water and not drown in all that there is to be done.  In any event, now that I’ve had some time to adjust to being back to work, hopefully I’ll be able to do a better job of updating the blog.

So, how was the adjustment?  Rough, but not nearly as rough as I thought it would be.  As so many people told me, the anticipation of going back to work and leaving our little guy all day was much worse than the reality of it.  I mean, don’t get me wrong.  It was absolutely brutal the first few days, and I cried multiple times before leaving for work, a few times while I was at work, and on my way home when I got stuck in traffic and was losing precious minutes with Devin before he went to bed.  But, I was SUPER busy right from the start, and that definitely helped keep me from spending my entire day wondering about Devin and calling to see what he was doing.  While that was a blessing, it also made going back to work less of a transition and more of an abrupt change.  There was no time to ease back into it.  And, trying to balance it all was quite a challenge. . . . it still is. But, I’m also glad to be back to work.  Though it can be overwhelming and down right exhausting, I like what I do and am glad to be working.  I know it makes me a better wife and a mom


Here's a pic of me and my little man on my first day back to work (after crying for three times already that morning).  I'm smiling, but I'm anything but happy to be leaving him:




Here are a few more pics of Devin from a few months ago.  It's amazing how little he looks in these pics!




Devin loves the "D"!


Michigan, baby!  That's how this little man rolls :-)



Devin's first Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment