Saturday, January 28, 2012

THANKSGIVING 2011

Just a few weeks after Devin got his helmet, and just as we were beginning to sleep train him and get into a good routine, Devin also had his first experience on an airplane! Talk about a lot of new experiences all at the same time.  We were off to spend Devin’s first Thanksgiving with my parents and my sister and her family in Myrtle Beach!  That was just what I needed after being so busy at my first month at work.

We had nothing on the agenda—just enjoying some quality time with the fam.  We spent the weekend just relaxing and hanging out together and just plain being thankful for all that we have, especially one another!  We went down to the beach (it was in the 70s!), went shopping, out to some great dinners, to a fun park with mini golf, go carts, a climbing wall, and all kinds of arcade games!  Everyone, especially Anjeli, Ethan and Eidan, had a great time!  Honestly, the weekend was wonderful, and we’re so glad we were able to spend some QT with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and niece and nephews, though it’s never enough time and we always we wish could be together more often.  Great weekend, nonetheless.
 
 So how did Devin do on the plane?  Well, he did pretty awesome on the way there, just a bit of fussiness around nap time.  But, on the way home, let’s just say, Devin was NOT happy at all, and I spent nearly the entire flight walking up and down the aisles trying to get him to fall asleep.   Plus, as you all know just how small an airplane bathroom, is . . . well, try changing a baby in there while the plane is experiencing turbulence!  Talk about a challenge. 
My first time on an airplane!

Beachfront with mommy and daddy:-)

Nana and Nani with all of their grandkids


 My beautiful sister and our adorable niece and nephews!

I love my masi and my big cousin, Anjeli!

Ethan was a rockclimbing champ!
 

He made it all the way to the top!

Anjeli did awesome too!

Getting ready to race!

Poor little Eidan is in the yellow car with Royal, but he's too small for you to see him :-(

My BIG kid!



I can't believe Anjeli is tall enough to drive her own go-cart!

70 degrees and sunny in November! Not bad, huh?



In any event, Devin had an awesome first Thanksgiving with his loved ones (as did we).  We could not be more thankful for all of our blessings, especially our little man :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment